Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tuesday Night TV

Highlight for spoilers:

  • Gilmore Girls: Did I miss a scene? They had a long walk for gas to Naugataugatuck or whatever New England-y sounding town they had to get to, and I was thinking "wow, those shoes look like a bad choice to walk in," then they cut straight to Friday night dinner. A stressful Friday night dinner, but one that featured the best line the show's had in a long time: "Golf is really more like Richard III, you know? They're all hunched over." Lorelai and Emily had some nice scenes, but I'm not sure I buy mopey Richard. Even post-heart attack, he seems too proud to sloth around like that. Logan's story was kinda funny though. "Hey buddy, you're completely broke, ruined. In old movies you would have no clothes and be pictured wearing a barrel with shoulder straps. Oh, and happy birthday!"
  • Veronica Mars: Three different plots going at once:
    • Coach mystery: Oh hey someone, I think on Televisionary, mentioned the peanut allergy as a possibility. It's probably a bad idea to mention Caged Heat in front of an ex-cop and his hot prisoner daughter. Great to see Vinnie Van Lowe back, even if his appearance is mostly pointless. The jealous husband thing had to be a red herring, just cause there were no clues to that at all in the previous episode... but doesn't Doctor/Patient confidentiality still apply after death? And I was sorta right (edit: I thought I mentioned it here last week but I guess I didn't) that the assistant coach having more dialogue than an extra normally should turned out to be sorta significant.

    • Dean mystery: Holy crap, Lamb died? I'm not sure how the whole Richard Greico thing ties in. And who bugged the professor's phone if Veronica and Keith didn't? Vinne Van Lowe? I'm confused about a lot of things, but it's blissful confusion. I love this plot... but I hope it wraps up soon. It seems a lot more complicated, at least to me, than the past extended mysteries. I think one episode dedicated to the Dean's murder to wrap things up should do it.

    • Non-mystery stuff: The scavenger hunt seems like a really bad idea. Mostly cause I can see kids drowning trying to get to that buoy. But I was glad to see them not win, I don't know why.
  • Law & Order: SVU: I hate it when they get hot guest stars, cause inevitably something awful happens, and I feel kinda creepy for finding them hot. This week, Ashley Williams (sfw), who is stupidly cute and usually seems kinda fun/goofy. But fun/goofy doesn't really apply since here she lost her baby, got accused of killing the baby, then hung herself. Creepily, still cute. So then it turns into a custody battle after the biological abusive father shows up to challenge the drug mule compulsive gambler ex-husband. The second half was pretty dull. But have they written Munch and Finn off this show? I don't remember the last time I saw either.


On the Tivo: L&O: CI, that History Channel Star Trek thing.

Caught a commercial for regular L&O, and they're "ripping from the headlines" the OJ If I Did It book. Remember when it was unpredictable, gritty, and original?

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro