Monday, February 19, 2007

Netflix Fix - The Illusionist

The Illusionist

Excellent acting, some very cool visuals, mediocre dialogue and plot. That pretty much sums it up, I think.

It's probably unfair, but The Illusionist can't help but be compared with The Prestige. Both were set, I think, in the late 19th century, both revolved around magicians performing apparently impossible tricks, and they were released within a month or two of each other. It seems completely random that I saw The Prestige in the theater, but waited until the DVD came out to catch The Illusionist, especially given that Edward Norton and Paul Giamatti are two of my favorite actors, and that Jessica Biel is one of the best looking women on the planet. But I think I chose wisely. Not a knock against The Illusionist, really, but The Prestige was one of my favorite films of the year. The Illusionist was a decent way to spend a couple hours. Worth seeing, wouldn't want to see it again.

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro