Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Monday Night TV

As a TV and internet addict, I'm a big fan of electricity. Except when I don't have any. I got home around 9:30, ready to tonight's offerings, only to discover that the power was out. And it stayed out until this morning. A few years ago this would've meant I missed my favorite shows, but things are pretty awesome these days. Highlight for spoilers:

  • Prison Break: It looks like I recorded the first 10 minutes or so before the power died, but Fox is kind enough to put the episode online here.



    Is there some tradition about military men killing themselves in dress uniform, or did everyone just really like that part of
    A Few Good Men? Not that it was poorly acted, but I felt like the scene with Kellerman and his sister after the gun jammed lacked emotional weight because we've seen her for all of a minute prior to this. And then he shows up at Sara's trial, but I have no idea how he is a "very credible witness," though, since Kim and friends supposedly deleted all the evidence that he ever worked for them. I like that Sara's defense lawyer is that guy who, although he's had a long and successful acting career, I will always think of as Davis Lynch from Wings and Diane's fake boyfriend who turned out to be gay on the last episode of Cheers ("Muffin, come back!").

    A recurring theme in this show that holding someone at gunpoint almost guarantees their escape. It happened with Bellick holding T-Bag, and Linc holding Mahone. Related to the latter, I'm not sure I like the idea that Schofield and Linc aren't capable of killing a man. I understand the idea of portraying them as moral and all that, but I think that if you're fighting for your life long enough, you ought to become willing to take the lives of those who would take yours. Between the brothers not killing folks when they had the chance, C-Note's suicide a couple episodes back, and Kellerman's suicide, I feel like the show is wussing out a lot lately. Cutting away when something exciting is about to happen, only to cut back later and show that it didn't... you can only do that so many times before it gets irritating.

  • Everybody Hates Chris: The CW is also friendly and put this episode up on their video site.

    I had been souring a bit on the show lately, but I really liked some of the father/son moments. Rochelle's part this week was nice, too. She can be quite the bitch on occasion, but this week was really looking out for Tanya and even Jackee's character. I don't find Monk particularly funny though, and I wish they'd go back to Antonio Fargas as Chris' boss. The two highlights for me were Julius' "cool" scenes and the part where Chris' love interest takes over the narration and instantly asks out the random other guy.


The Riches gets repeated on FX tonight at midnight, The Daily Show and The Colbert Report ran this afternoon (which I watch, but would find impossible to review... I don't know how TV Squad's Annie does it)... so I will end up not missing anything. Hooray for the internets!

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro