Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday Night TV

Highlight for spoilers:

  • Law & Order: Law & Order loves the religion-themed shows, huh? A serial arsonist is targeting churches, but this most recent one was a copycat arson to hide a murder. The motive? A guy was teaching kids in a parochial school about evolution. And they work in a little teacher/student sex for good measure.


    I figured the guy from Touching Evil can't just be one of those people who talks for a minute and is never seen again. So no surprise when he turns out to be the killer. Cool to see Danielle Melnick, she's one of my two favorite recurring lawyers (along with Dworkin), because she's a big fan of the crazy defense strategies, and doesn't disappoint here. Justifiable homicide because he thought his daughter's life was being put into danger. Because learning crazy ideas like evolution will surely incur the wrath of God. A creative idea that a judge somehow bought into.

    And in the end it turns out he was pissed cause a guy was sleeping his daughter. Only it was the wrong guy. She just said the name of the evolution guy cause her dad hated him anyway. While he rots in jail, you have to figure she's going to be riddled with guilt for the rest of her life.

    Random aside: I've always thought the Law & Order theme song sounds like the intro to "Where It's At" by Beck.

  • Acceptable TV: Same as last week, check out the official site to watch anything you missed, and to vote for your favorites. Homeless James Bond and Mr. Sprinkles, the two I voted for last week, both came back. Neither was as good as the first episode, though Bond was still pretty good while Sprinkles was genuinely disappointing. The only funny aspect was the Captain Crunch character.


    Medical Hospital was the only of the new ones I liked. The female cast members were looking pretty hot in this one, and I liked the House parody aspect. Super weak ending though. And the user entry this week relied on subtitles in "l33tsp33k", the annoying character substituion language used by kids who think they're hackers, but the Vh1 logo was obscuring a lot of it. The website's overloaded right now, but I'll check it out sometime later. I'm definitely voting for more Bond, but I'm torn between a third Mr. Sprinkles and a second Medical Hospital.


Still to watch: nothing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill. I like your comments over on TV Squad so I thought I'd check out your blog. But I have a problem. Your text doesn't show on my computer. If I select the text it shows up as blue. Did you accidentally switch your font to the invisible one?

Bill said...

I put it up as invisible on purpose. I phate having tv shows or movies spoiled for me, so I go to great lengths to avoid spoiling stuff for others. By making the text invisible, I figure it's very difficult for someone to read it by accident.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill(darren), and tomb. I got here from the comments on tvsquad as well. I'm just wondering, I haven't used blogger since long before the google days, so I'm not up to date on all of the features, but is there some way to move part of the entry behind a read more link? That might be a more reader friendly option. Just a non spoiling blurb before the jump, and the goods after.

Bill said...

I've looked around for a decent solution for something like that. It sounds like there is, but it involves a bit of hackery. I'll play around with it some, but I probably won't switch over til I'm 100% sure it fits my needs and all that.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro