Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Advertising XLI

That Snicker's Super Bowl commercial where two guys kiss has caused quite a controversy. It was obviously kind of homophobic, and everyone threw a fit, and it sounds like the ad won't air again and the website was pulled.

But to me, all I could think about was how stupid the commercial really was. Upon kissing, the guys freaked out and felt the need to do something manly, so they ripped out their chest hair. Now, I'm not exactly John Wayne or Clint Eastwood, but I am a man. And I don't recall ever ripping out my chest hair. Or any masculine guy ripping out his chest hair. In the end, it would yield a hairless chest, which I'd bet would seem un-manly to a lot of guys. If you want to do something manly, ride a motorcycle, work construction, be a cop, a cowboy, or an Indian, and sing about how macho you are. Wait... that's not right.

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro